Monday, February 01, 2010

waking up late to a beautiful day

I woke up this morning with a bob dylan song in my head. It's probably because I have come to like his music more recently. I'd always been a bit reserved about his music, mostly for his earlier folk tunes and southern-ish accent (I don't know, his accent is way different than what my ear is used to, so I can't really locate it). Lately, I have come to like the "music" of southern accent too, for instance I loved the way Cate Blanchette talks in Benjamin Button :) Maybe because as I grow older, I become more open to the world before me. This is a good thing, right?

Anyway, I woke up with this song playing in my head, and I've just opened itunes to actually listen to it now. Though this is a different version (still great!) than what I'm talking about, I still would like to share it :)



Hey hey Woody Guthrie I wrote you a song
About a funny old world that's coming along
Seems sick and it's hungry, it's tired and it's torn
It looks like it's dying and it's hardly been born.

I adore his depiction of the world here! is he a better poet than a singer? I honestly don't have an asnwer :)

No comments: